I started off by finding a black and white picture of Bob Marley and then brought it into Photoshop. From there I went to the filter tab and chose the film grain filter and played around with the intensity and grain of the image. After I was happy with my background image I imported it into QuarkXPress. I made the image a little more faded when I was in quark so that the words were easier to read. After I had the image in Quark I started to add words to the image. I chose Castellar MT STD as my main font and for the font on the bottom I used Impact, I also wanted to bring it the Jamacian vibe so I made the words green, yellow, and red. I didn't really use the layers at all, I just had everything on one layer.
I didn't experiance many issues with Quark, I had one problem with the text having a box around it, but that was solved by clicking on the view tab and unclicking the guides option. I am most proud of way I made the background picture look, I was going for the look of an old poster that you would happen to find on the street, and I think I accomplished it.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment